Learn from Yesterday - Cherish Today -- Hope for Tomorrow

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The "NEW" Bed

The boys wanted to redo their rooms because Uncle Tim is giving them a weight set. So they ripped out the carpet in Levi's room, because it was just nasty. Anyways, they asked it they could take out Jonah's bed because he won't sleep on it or in his room at all and they want to put the weights in there. Jonah will either sleep in Sariah's room with her or on his "new bed" (the couch), or he will even try to convince me to let him sleep in my bed. I told him that Daddy sleeps in my bed and if Jonah were to sleep in my bed, where will daddy sleep? He response was: "He can sleep in my bed."

I asked Jonah if we got him a different bed would he sleep in his room. He said yes. So I asked him if he would sleep in a bean bag. He said yes. So I looked online and they are not cheap at least $100 plus! I finally found one from Walmart. Then on Saturday we went to Goodwill, because it was their 50% off day and they had an antique looking couch I was hoping would still be there, and it was! But next to it was this huge bean bag chair. It was marked at $39.99 then you take 50% off so we got it only for $20! When we got it home we barely could get it through the door. We took off the cover and washed it in hot water with detergent and oxyclean. After it was finished it looked good as new!

So that night I asked Jonah if he was going to sleep in his room in his new bed and he told me no! I asked him why. He told me that there were monsters in his room that told him they were going to eat his head. I told him that there is no monsters in his room. He was quite adamant that there is. I wonder if it is those mischievous spirits that were here when I was younger... So we got the "monster spray" (guardian and distilled water - it is an essential oil that helps) and sprayed it all over his room. When I went to check on him he was a sleep! When he got up this morning I asked him if there were any monsters that bothered him, he said no. I am happy and hope this will keep him in his OWN room.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a funny little kid! I'm glad that oil spray worked. AND What a steal at goodwill!


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
5
people with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?