Learn from Yesterday - Cherish Today -- Hope for Tomorrow

Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Jonah Tale - "The Dangerous Dentist"

This started back in March when Jonah had to go to the dentist for his regular check up and cleaning. Dr. Zuniga is wonderful, but Jonah is a more difficult child to work on. After about an hour of fighting him we decided not to torture him anymore and he referred us to a pediatric dentist that specializes with special needs kids. So I got on the phone and made an appointment with Dr. Cotton.

Our first appointment with her was great! She is an amazing dentist. Jonah was cursed with the "Rogers" teeth (not very strong). Anyways, he had a lot of work that needed to be done. I took him the first two times and then I had my mom take him because I couldn't take anymore time off work. Well the last time that Nana took him, he had to have a tooth pulled. He also was just having a difficult time there. So we decided to make the appointments for June when I was done working so that I could take him.

Well, with Jonah you have to "prep" him for the up coming events that he has to do. So the day before his appointment I was letting him know that he was going to see Dr. Cotton tomorrow and he started to cry. I asked him what is wrong. He said he didn't want to go to the dentist. I was assuring him that he would be fine and that she would take good care of his teeth. He was quite insistent that he didn't want to go. So I asked him why he didn't want to go see Dr. Cotton? His answer was simple and understandable, he said "Because she is dangerous!" I couldn't help but laugh.

Well needless to say we still went to see the "Dangerous Dentist" Dr. Cotton the next day. He did a lot of complaining, but he did great and is done for now. YAY! When we left the office he said goodbye to the nurse and I told him to say goodbye to Dr. Cotton, he wouldn't even look at her or say goodbye. I think he is a LITTLE mad at her. Oh well!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
5
people with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?