Learn from Yesterday - Cherish Today -- Hope for Tomorrow

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Gila Valley Temple

In May we took a family trip to the Gila Valley to see the new temple that was built. It was a wonderful experience to be there with my children and have them see the beauty and peace that lies within those walls. The boys were funny about seeing the bride's room. Jonah was quite good and seem to feel content. He was enjoying having his picture taken.

Unfortunately, Eric had to work so he was not able to be with us. Also, I didn't have Kaylee with us either. She would have enjoyed seeing the temple and being there, but she was being very difficult through the week and I wanted this to be a positive experience. Plus of the drive there and back in one day. She would of had a difficult time being kind. We did have a surrogate daughter/sister, Ta, with us. She is a sweet girl. Sariah and Ta have the same birthday, so it is like they are twins! We love her and glad that she is able to participate with our family.

After the temple we were able to drive around and see some things in Thatcher and Safford. I showed the kids where I lived when I went to EAC. We drove around the campus, which has grown! I told them I would love for them to go there. They would love it (or at least I think they will) as I did. We got to go to the Mi Casa tortilla factory. We were able to purchase fabulous tortillas. We went to a cool little candy and candle store, I think it is the Lollipop Shop? Anyways, they had yummy fudge and old time candy that I haven't seen in a while. We also went by and saw the childhood home of President Kimball. We were hoping to get a tour of the home, but no one was there, maybe next time. On our way out of town, we had dinner at the Tastee Freeze. It was yummy too!

We attended the temple dedication as a family. It was a lot of fun to see President Monson show his human side. He has such a great sense of humor. I enjoyed listening to all the speakers. I loved President Crocket when I had him as an institute teacher. What a wonderful experience to see it. I wish we could have been there! When the temple is built here in Gilbert, maybe will be able to have that opportunity, especially to be in the presence of the Prophet and Apostles.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
5
people with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?