Learn from Yesterday - Cherish Today -- Hope for Tomorrow

Monday, September 15, 2008

Can you believe this was a laundry room?

I wanted to make my own space in my house so that I could have a place to do my work and a place to retreat to so that I wouldn't wake anyone in the early morning hours. So I turned my old laundry room into an office space. I love it because the colors are very peaceful and calming. Also, I can display my degrees that I worked so hard on to earn.

On the wall that had the fixtures for the washer and dryer we had to wall paper because it had too many repairs that I would need to re-texture the wall. Obviously, that wouldn't fit into my budget. I used the paintable wall paper that I had left over from another room. After painting the room it needed to have a little contrast, so my mom suggested that we white wash the wall with the wall paper. It turned out PERFECT! It was just what the room needed.


The cabinets were a honey oak color and very plain. I added wood emblishments and stained them with ebony stain. The ceiling was showing it's age, I wanted to put tin on the ceiling, but it also didn't fit into my budget. So I used left over wall paper and painted it silver and then stained it with the same ebony stain. I trimmed it out with small decorative wood.

Some of my furniture came from one of my favorite places, Goodwill. The bookcase was white and old looking. I added wood trim all over it and then spray painted it black. It now looks brand new. My desk is an antique coffee
table. I got it for $20 bucks! It was in pretty good shape. It has a leathery feeling top trimmed out in gold and black. It has a little drawer that is perfect for the small things. Eric added taller legs and stained them and I have a nice desk. I found the chair at a cool new antique shop in Pinetop called The Log Cabin.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ummm.... No, I will not believe that is the laundry room. WOW! Kristi, it looks FANTASTIC! I need to come over and check it out. Looks awesome!


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
5
people with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?